You can develop configurations with connectors, and deploy the configurations and connectors as composite application archive (CAR) files in WSO2 Micro Integrator using WSO2 Integration Studio.
In addition to the below methods, you can enable a connector by creating a configuration file in the
MI_HOME/repository/deployment/server/synapse-configs/default/imports directory with the following configurations. Replace the value of the
name property with the name of your connector, and name the configuration file
<import xmlns="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse" name="salesforce" package="org.wso2.carbon.connector" status="enabled"/>
See the topics given below.
Follow the steps below to import connectors into WSO2 Integration Studio:
- If you have already created an ESB Config project, right click the ESB Config project where you want to use the connector and click Add or Remove Connector.
- On the wizard that appears, select Add Connector and click Next.
- If you have not downloaded the connector, search on the required connector in WSO2 Connector Store view, and click on the download icon to import the connector into the workspace. Then, click on Finish.
- If you have already downloaded the connectors, select the Add from File System option and browse to the connector file from the file system. Click Finish. The connector is imported into the workspace and available for use with all the projects in the workspace.
- After importing the connectors into WSO2 Integration Studio, the connector operations are available in the tool palette. You can drag and drop connector operations into your sequences and proxy services.
Follow the steps below to create a composite application archive (CAR) file containing the connectors:
- Click File > New > Other and select Connector Exporter Project under WSO2 > Extensions > Project Types and click Next.
- Enter a project name and click Finish.
- Right-click on the created connector exporter project, point to New and then click Add/Remove Connectors.
- Select Add Connector and click Next. Then, click on the Workspace option. This will list down the connectors that have been imported into WSO2 Integration Studio.
- Select the connector and click OK.
- Create a Composite Application (C-App) project including the required artifacts.
- Right-click on the C-App project and click Export Composite Application Project to create a CAR file out of that project.
Follow the steps below to remove connectors from WSO2 Integration Studio:
- Right-click on the relevant ESB Config project and click Add or Remove Connector.
- On the wizard that appears, select Remove Connector and click Next.
- Select the connectors you want to remove and click Finish.
- See the tutorial on using the GMAIL connector.