What do I get with Ballerina Integrator in addition to Ballerina language?¶
The following is what you get with Ballerina Integrator, in addition to pure Ballerina language.
Included with Installer
- Snippets jar (installed in addition to Ballerina).
- Compiler plugins for Java connectors (smb-compiler-plugin-x.x.x.jar, jms-compiler-plugin-x.x.x.jar, ftp-compiler-plugin-x.x.x.jar).
- Ballerina Integrator VS Code plugin available on marketplace.
- Integration templates added to Ballerina Central.
- EI Connectors to cater integration use cases available through Ballerina Central.
How can I deploy my Ballerina programs? Do I need a separate server runtime?¶
Ballerina is a programming Language. Once you compile your code, you get an executable that can be independently deployed without the need of a separate server runtime like WSO2 Micro Integrator. You can deploy integration solutions in the following environments
- Hosted on a JVM
See the documentation on how to deploy integration solutions.
Do I need to install Ballerina in my production servers to run Ballerina programs?¶
No, you only need to have a JVM on the production server to run Ballerina programs. Ballerina is a JVM-based language. Once you compile your Ballerina programs, what you get is an executable that can be hosted on a JVM. You only need to install Ballerina in your development environment so that you can compile your code.
What are the resources available for me to learn Ballerina and Ballerina Integrator?¶
In addition to this documentation, you can use the following resources to learn Ballerina.
In addition, you can always get Ballerina Integrator training through WSO2. Please visit WSO2 training site to request for training sessions with our experts and obtain other training resources.Top